- 2 1/2 cups organic unbleached white flour or 1 cup whole spelt flour and 1 1/2 unbleached white flour or 2 1/2 cups of your favorite gluten free flour mix
- 1 1/2 Tbsp matcha green tea
- 1 1/2 teaspoons non-aluminum baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl and mix all wet ingredients together in another bowl. Combine dry and wet ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
Place parchment paper on 2 cookie sheets. Roll out cookie dough to approximately 1/8 inch thickness and use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out the shape of your choice. Place the cookies on the cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
Optional: you may wish to sprinkle a little shredded coconut or cocoa powder or ginger powder on top of the cookies. Or sprinkle a little match green tea powder on the cookies after baking.
Bake 8 to 15 minutes. Remove immediately and allow to cool.