Workshops, lectures, presentations, cooking classes, meetings and more:
NEW! Online recordings of the Winter Conference are available for $139 for the entire series of classes or $14.95 per class.
For the list of presenters/topics and to register, please click here!
"Absolutely fantastic!"—David Steven Rubin, Maryland
Click here to read an article summarizing the Winter Conference.
Charting Your Destiny
9 Star Ki Webinar, May 19-20, 2018 Live & Recorded $175 More info and Register here!
9 Star Ki (also known as Feng Shui Astrology) is based on a recurrent natural cycle of 9 energies. This system (underling the I Ching, Aztec calendar, 9 Muses in Greek philosophy, and other ancient cosmologies) divides people into 9 primary star types based on their date of birth: flexible 1 Waters; gentle 2 Soils; romantic 3 and 4 Trees; balanced 5 Soils; disciplined 6 and 7 Metals; visionary 8 Soils; and passionate 9 Fires. The 5 in depth classes will cover:
1. Your Primary Energy & Forecast for 2018 In this class, you will learn about the 9 star types, discover your native character and personality traits, and learn how the new 9 Fire year will affect your health, family, career, and other primary concerns.
2. Creating Stellar Relationships This class will explore the dynamic relationships among the 9 energies, including which energies support and nourish you and which tend to repel or suppress you. Special emphasis will be given to strengthening relationships with partners, family, friends, or career associates and to attracting new romantic or business partners.
3. Managing Your Diet & Health with 9 Star Ki What foods, beverages, snacks, and remedies should you emphasize or minimize during this 9 Fire year? What are your strongest and weakest native organs and systems? How can you use Nine Star Ki to optimize your health and well-being?
4. Discovering Your 2ndand 3rdEnergy In addition to your primary energy, you have a secondary monthly energy, a balancing or decision-making energy, and other powers. In this class, you will discover how all these energies impact the arc of your life from birth to death.
5. Cycles of Personal, Social, and Planetary Change 2018 begins a new 9-year cycle governed by 2 Soil energy. Will the global economy go up or down? Will there be war or peace? How will this year’s energy affect Trump, Putin, Xi, Kim, May, and Merkel? What can we expect in the coming 9 years? How will the even larger 81-year cycle ending in 2036 affect our personal and planetary destiny?
* Sessions will be very early in the morning for those in the U.S. But they will be recorded for playback later in the day or whenever convenient.
9 Star Ki is an invaluable compass for managing your spiritual journey through life as well as daily, monthly, and yearly affairs. During this event, you may discover many things about your life and relationships that will astonish and enlighten you and contribute to continual self-realization in the future.
June 1st, Tuesday, 2 pm - 4 pm, webinar
Miso Happy Show Register Here!
with Alex Jack and Bettina Zumdick and guest speakers and presenters:
Live from the Berkshires:
Featuring special presentations by Jessica Porter, best-selling author of The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics, Sachi Kato, co-author of The One Peaceful World Cookbook, and Brent MacPhail, folksinger and troubadour.
Culinary Medicine Level 1 - part A webinar only: Register here!
Three 2-hour pre-recorded webinar sessions plus 1.5 hours of one-on-one personalized question&answer session by appointment.
Part A: webinars – Lectures, Presentations and Question & Answer session (Part B hand's on cooking classes available by request)
- Understanding the concept of yin and yang and extreme foods/Basic understanding of healing foods
- Lifestyle suggestions for health
- Understanding and balancing nutritional factors (minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, fats, minerals and vitamins)
- Foods for common health conditions (skin conditions, headaches, constipation, back pain, insomnia, acid reflux and others)
- Cravings and emotional eating
- Introduction of the 5 transformations according to the seasons, times of the day, organs – supporting and destructive cycles
- Intro to Oriental diagnosis of constitution/condition and face
- Intro to Oriental diagnosis of hands and palms
- Intro to Oriental diagnosis of feet and legs
- Personalized question & answer session by appointment.
Culinary Medicine Level 2 - part A webinar only: Register Here!
3 pre-recorded webinar sessions - each 2 hours long (total of 6 hours) - plus 1 hour of questions and answers
Part A: webinar – Lectures, Presentations and Question & Answer sessions (Part B hand's on cooking classes available by request)
- Further studies on the 5 transformations regarding cooking
- Liver and Gallbladder disorders like fatty liver, gallstones, hepatitis (diagnosis and home remedies)
- Heart and Small Intestine disorders like hardening of the arteries, high or low bloodpressure, etc., Crohn's disease and home remedies (diagnosis and home remedies)
- Spleen-Pancreas and Stomach disorders like hypoglycemia, diabetis, ulcers, acid reflux disease, etc. (diagnosis and home remedies)
- Lung and Large Intestine disorders like constipation, diarrhea, colitis, asthma, lung cancer, etc. (diagnosis and home remedies)
- Kidney, Bladder, Reproductive organ disorders like kidney stones, UTI's, etc. (diagnosis and home remedies)
- Diagnosis of tongue and posture
- Diagnosis of dreams and dreams as a doorway to power, love, knowledge, self realization and mor
July 29th - August 4th - Summer Conference
Macrobiotic Summer Conference 2017 - Eastover Resort • Lenox MA 01240 Register here!
Over 25 Teachers, Counselors, & Cooks • 50 cooking classes, Lectures & Panels
Come for the Week, the Day, or for the Gala
Register Now and Save $200 on Tuition
For pricing & further information or visit Eastover's website!
Special topics teaching available at request:
- Macrobiotic Healing and Cooking (miscellaneous subjects, see topics below)
- Meditation, Chanting
- Luminous Beauty – Beauty that shines from within
- Memory Loss or Brain Fog? Attain Healthy Memory and Laser Like Focus thru Whole Foods
- Healthy Weightloss
- Digestive Distress
- Women's Health
- Depression Adieu! Hello Happiness!
- Stress: the Silent Stalker
- Liver Detox - Lively Liver!
- Breast Cancer
- Thyroid and Adrenal Gland Balance
- Prana of Food
- Healthy Heart
- Overcoming Lyme Disease
- Navigating the Holidays with Delicious and Healthy Holiday Meals
- Emotional eating? Sugar addiction or other food cravings?
- Tao Yin Yoga, Gentle Exercises combining Yoga and Qi Gong
- Dreams as a Doorway to Inner Knowledge, Peace, Wisdom, and Power
- Power of Crystals and Healing with Crystals
Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (413)429-5610 for more information.
Payments made will be refunded in full (less a $50 processing fee) if you cancel 14 or more days prior to your arrival date. If you cancel between 13 days and 1 day in advance, a nonrefundable credit (less a $50 processing fee) will be held for one year from the date of issue. No credit or refund is available if you cancel on your arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave a program or event early.
Schedule is subject to change: Bettina Zumdick reserves the right to cancel any program at any time. In this event, you will be given a complete refund.