Workshops, Lectures, Presentations, Cooking Classes, Meetings and morE
November 23, Thursday, 4 pm - 7 pm, $45 if paid by Nov 13, $55 after Nov 13, $25 Children 5 - 14, under 5 are free
Plant Based Macrobiotic Thanksgiving at Eastover
Join us for a sumptuous Plant-Based Macrobiotic Thanksgiving at Eastover
I have put together a delicious meal (with gluten free options) and Amber and I and some friends will be cooking for you:
Clear Broth Soup
Brown Rice, Sweet Rice and Wild Rice
Stuffed Squash with extra stuffing
Seitan with Gravy
Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Onions and roasted Almond slivers
Fresh Salad/Lettuce with dressing
RSVP 866-264-5139 or sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/thanksgiving-at-eastover-tickets-38466244573
January 21 - 27, 2018 Online Macrobiotic Winter Conference: with 15 leading teachers & chefs $295 for the entire conference or $79 per diem rate
Macrobiotic Winter Conference: an Online conference!
I have brought together many of your favorite teachers from around the world: Tom Monte, Cynthia and David Briscoe, Jessica Porter, Virginia Harper, Marlene and Bill Tara, Warren Kramer, Christina and Bob Pirello, Susan and Denny Waxman, Nicola and David McCarthy, Valentina Niellesen, Ginat and Sheldon Rice, Naomi and Ed Esko, Alex Jack and myself!
Sunday, January 21st, 2 pm - 3:30 pm EST: Welcome and Orientation with Bettina Zumdick/Alex Jack/Edward Esko - Free Event
Monday, January 22nd:
- 12 noon - 1:30 pm EST: Valentina Nelissen, general manager of the Kushi Institute of Europe, on “Making the Transition to a Macrobiotic Plant-Based Diet with Your Partner and Children
- 2 pm - 3:30 pm EST: Alex Jack, co-author with Michio Kushi of One Peaceful World, on “Diagnosing Trump, Putin, Kim Jong-Un, and Other World Leaders”
- 7 pm - 8:30 pm EST: David and Cynthia Briscoe, directors of Macrobiotics America, "Brain Power: Diet and Lifestyle for Keeping Your Memory and Mental Vitality" and "Maintaining a Macrobiotic Core for Longevity of Practice"
Tuesday, January 23rd:
- 12 noon - 1:30 pm EST: Ginat Rice, macrobiotic educator from Israel, on “Health in Your Hands: Medical Palmistry”
- 2 pm - 3:30 pm EST: Bettina Zumdick, founder of the Culinary Medicine School, on “Transforming Emotional Eating and Cravings”
- 7 pm - 8:30 pm EST: Virginia Harper, founder of You Can Heal You in Nashville, on “Crohn’s and Colitis—Modern Cause, Traditional Cure”
Wednesday, January 24th:
- 12 noon - 1:30 pm EST: Bill Tara, co-director of MacroVegan in Ireland, on “Macrobiotics and Human Ecology”
- 2 pm - 3:30 pm EST: Warren Kramer, a teacher, counselor, and chef from Boston, on “Less is More: The Transformational Power of Eating Less”
- 7 pm - 8:30 pm EST: Carl Ferre, editor of Macrobiotics Today, on “Alkalize in Stressful Times”
hursday, January 25th:
- 12 noon - 1:30 pm EST: Tom Monte, best-selling holistic author, on “Living in Alignment—The Source of Health, Recovery, Good Judgment, and Fulfillment of Your Life’s Greatest Joy”
- 2 pm - 3:30 pm EST: Christina Pirello, celebrity chef on PBS’s Christina Cooks!, on “Back to the Cutting Board”
- 7 pm - 8:30 pm EST: Jessica Porter, author of The Hip Chick’s Guide to Macrobiotics, on “The Yin and Yang of Gender"
riday, January 26th:
- 12 noon - 1:30 pm EST: David McCarthy, director of the Kushi Macrobiotic School in the UK, on “Food, Health and Our Environment: The Quest for a Sustainable Future”
- 2 pm - 3:30 pm EST: Edward and Naomi Ichikawa Esko, teachers in the Berkshires, on “9 Star Ki Predictions for 2018”
- 7 pm - 8:30 pm EST: Denny and Susan Waxman, authors of The Complete Macrobiotic Diet, on “New Directions in Macrobiotic Practice”
aturday, January 27th:
2 pm - 3:30 pm EST: Edward Esko, Alex Jack and Bettina Zumdick "Next Steps" - Free Event
The first session on Sunday afternoon, January 21, will be an orientation with Alex, Ed, and Bettina. There are three live sessions planned daily, Monday through Friday, January 22-26, at 12 noon, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. EST. The concluding presentation will be held on Saturday, January 27, with the hosts. During each session, one or two presenters will speak and share their topic. At the end of each session, time is allotted for live Q&As from the viewing audience.
Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned practitioner, come join us and participate in this informative, inspiring mid-winter break. All sessions will be recorded, and you will be able to watch missed presentations at your convenience online for up to 6 weeks after the end of the actual event.
When we awaken to our greater selves and align our Ki, or naturally streaming life energy, with others, we contribute to the critical mass that can change the world.
Co-hosts Alex Jack and Edward Esko will assist me in moderating the Conference. Our theme is “Creating Personal and Planetary Health.”
February 15th, Thursday, 7 pm - 9 pm, $25 webinar presentation
Healthy Memory and Laser-like Focus thru Whole Foods – Memory Loss or Brain Fog? Attain Healthy Memory and Laser Like Focus thru Whole Foods
- Grain Brain? Wheat Belly? Vilifying eating grains when it comes to gut and brain health is not the solution. The truth is that whole grains, properly prepared, are exceptionally beneficial to optimizing brain function. Discover the secrets to a fully oxygenated brain and learn how to create new neural pathways with simple diet changes.
- Scientific studies on the brain are expanding our knowledge almost daily and we now know that changes in diet, behavior and environment are developing and implementing new neural pathways and new synapses.
- In this class you will learn:
*How to eliminate brain fog and encourage a stronger memory.
*How to choose and prepare foods to encourage optimal brain activity.
*Key foods that help to remove and prevent toxins from being absorbed into your system.
*How to avoid the damage caused by stress, environmental factors, and poor nutrition.
*How diet and lifestyle affects the expression of genetic factors
Enhancing our brain function is within our reach.
- Attend this class to find out which foods and life style choices will enable you think faster, have sharper focus and crystal-clear memory along with more peace of mind and a greater awareness of the exuberant, cooperative venture of nature, spirit and body.
February 22nd, Thursday, 7 pm - 9 pm, $25 webinar presentation
Strong and Healthy Lungs
- Bettina will discuss how to boost or regain healthy lung function and strengthen the whole respiratory function.
- The importance of healthy lungs is well known as they’re one of the most active organs in the body: we can go weeks without food, and days without water… but not very long without air.
- Learn how to bring balance to the lungs through diet and lifestyle activities. In the following cooking class (TBA) Bettina will show you how to prepare specific food recipes and remedies to improve lung function.
Special topics teaching available at request:
- Macrobiotic Healing and Cooking (miscellaneous subjects, see topics below)
- Meditation, Chanting
- Luminous Beauty – Beauty that shines from within
- Memory Loss or Brain Fog? Attain Healthy Memory and Laser Like Focus thru Whole Foods
- Healthy Weightloss
- Digestive Distress
- Women's Health
- Depression Adieu! Hello Happiness!
- Stress: the Silent Stalker
- Liver Detox - Lively Liver!
- Breast Cancer
- Thyroid and Adrenal Gland Balance
- Prana of Food
- Healthy Heart
- Overcoming Lyme Disease
- Navigating the Holidays with Delicious and Healthy Holiday Meals
- Emotional eating? Sugar addiction or other food cravings?
- Tao Yin Yoga, Gentle Exercises combining Yoga and Qi Gong
- Dreams as a Doorway to Inner Knowledge, Peace, Wisdom, and Power
- Power of Crystals and Healing with Crystals
Please email (email@example.com) or call (413)429-5610 for more information.
Payments made will be refunded in full (less a $50 processing fee) if you cancel 14 or more days prior to your arrival date. If you cancel between 13 days and 1 day in advance, a nonrefundable credit (less a $50 processing fee) will be held for one year from the date of issue. No credit or refund is available if you cancel on your arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave a program or event early.
Schedule is subject to change: Bettina Zumdick reserves the right to cancel any program at any time. In this event, you will be given a complete refund.